One machine. Multiple solutions.
Streamline your operations and get to market quicker with Meta® Duo, WestRock’s newest automation technology. Offering true multi-channel, in-house automation, Meta Duo efficiently transitions between 4-sided, 8-sided, half-slotted containers (HSCs), one- and two-piece shelf-ready packaging (SRP) designs and ships-in-own-container (SIOC) units, helping you meet various retailer and e-tailer requirements from a single, small footprint machine.
Meta Duo utilizes our unique Meta® Systems precision forming technology. Cases are formed around a fixed mandrel, minimizing case skew and maximizing structural integrity, resulting in cases that outperform comparable standard regular slotted containers (RSCs) in production efficiency (higher run speeds) and stacking strength.
Benefits of bringing SRP capabilities in-house
> Need for 3PL or co-packing
> Packaging redundancy
> Freight redundancy
- Minimizes labor and handling
- Decreases product loss
- Optimized package design
- Improved speed to market
Competitor’s perforated RSC
- Remnants from edges
- Possible damage to packaging and branding
- Strength loss due to perforation
WestRock’s Meta CD
- Clean edges – no remnants of perforated edges
- No knife needed – no product damage
- Easy opening and shelf stacking
- Higher stacking strength
- 10-22% higher compression than perforated RSC
- Efficient structure reduces material weight