Custom Food Packaging
Serve up a sustainable alternative to microwaveable plastic
WestRock MicroCook™ delivers the protection of plastic packaging combined with the sustainability advantages of a paper solution. Choosing MicroCook reduces plastic usage up to 92% compared with all-plastic formats, significantly decreasing environmental impact. Conveniently take packages from the shelf, to microwave, to table while maintaining rigidity and strength. MicroCook’s high-density polyethylene coating (HDPE) enables excellent thermal stability, while its smooth surface and excellent ink adhesion provide standout printability, no matter what’s on the menu.
Click here to download the regional EMEA MicroCook product guide.
Features and Benefits
What you can expect from us:
Upholds corporate sustainability goals and provides a more sustainable alternative to microwaveable plastic.
High heat resistance provides excellent cup rigidity and a cup that is easier to handle.
Provides a durable, individual-use package for taking foods from the shelf, to microwave, to table in a single, easy-to-use container.
A smooth surface and outstanding ink adhesion deliver exceptional print performance and a finished package with greater shelf appeal.
Excellent uniformity and lower sealing temperatures mean improved cup consistency at higher speeds on cup formers.
Best used with:
- Food Packaging (Grocery, Deli)
- Reconstituted Food Applications (Oatmeal, rice, pasta, macaroni and cheese, soup, and instant noodles)
Additional Product Information
- All WestRock North American paperboard mills are certified to the SFI®, PEFC™, FSC™ Chain of Custody Standards. Contact your WestRock sales representative for certified fiber availability for this product.
- Meets multiple national requirements for food contact packaging, e.g., US and Canada. Contact your sales representative for information on specific markets and end uses.
This information is subject to change without notice.
- Produced at an ISO 9001 certified facility.
Environmental & Safety
- Notices under US California Proposition 65 and the EU REACH regulationare not required.
- Elemental, chlorine free (ECF) bleached fiber.
- Meets heavy metal limits of the US Model Toxics in Packaging rules andArticle 11 of EU Directive 94/62/EC.