carrierkote® beverage packaging paperboard
The standard for beverage carton packaging
CarrierKote® is a high-performing unbleached kraft paperboard that delivers consistency, time and again. Engineered for strength and to address the demands of wet and cold environments, it’s no wonder CarrierKote has become the worldwide industry standard for beverage carton packaging.
The coated side features a smooth, glossy surface for exceptional printability that results in graphics that demand attention. You can also expect outstanding converting performance, especially in the areas of die-cutting, folding, and gluing.
CarrierKote Product Guide (US)
- Features & Benefits
- applications & what you can expect from us
- Additional Product Information
Features & Benefits
- Strong and holds integrity
- Proprietary clay coating for crisp and vibrant graphics
- Up to 15% recycled fiber
- Consistent composition and quality
- Packaging design flexibility
- Improved stiffness at lower calipers and weights than competitive substrates
applications & what you can expect from us
- Filter Frames
What you can expect from us:
- Strength and Integrity: The excellent strength properties of CarrierKote provide packaging integrity in wet and cold environments, common in the beverage industry.
- Printability: The proprietary clay coating gives it a smooth, opaque surface and enables crisp, vibrant graphics. You can expect great shelf-appeal.
- Stiffness-to-Weight Ratio: Stiffness levels can be achieved at lower calipers and at lower weights than competitive substrates. This can help support your cost reduction and sustainability efforts.
- Versatility: Offers a great deal of packaging design flexibility with options such as handles, windows, and apertures.
- Consistency: All CarrierKote paperboard is produced at a single mill, which provides consistent composition and quality across all your orders.
- Recycled Fiber Content: Produced with up to 15% recycled fiber, providing an option for meeting your corporate sustainability goals.
Additional Product Information
- Made with recycled fiber and is recyclable.
- All WestRock North American paperboard mills are certified to the SFI®, PEFC™, FSC™ Chain of Custody Standards. Contact your WestRock sales representative for certified fiber availability for this product.
- Certificate Codes: SFI Certified Sourcing: NSF-SFI-CS-6S751, SFI CoC: NSF-SFICOC-6S751, PEFC: NSF-PEFCCOC-6S751, FSC Company Code: FSC-C104002.
Environmental & Product Safety
- Notices under US California Proposition 65 and the EU REACH regulation are not required.
- Meets heavy metal limits of the US Model Toxics in Packaging rules and Article 11 of EU Directive 94/62/EC.
This information is subject to change without notice.
- Contact your sales representative for information on specific markets
and end uses.
- Produced at an ISO 9001 certified facility.
Need to know specifics about our paperboard? Use our paperboard calculator to find out weights, calipers and conversions for your needs.
We understand that you rely on us for more than paperboard. In order to provide the best service possible, WestRock has developed roll, sheet and metric conversion calculators to make your job easier. Please note that these calculations are close estimates.
Ready to learn more?
Our team of experts is ready to talk about your packaging needs. Contact us today.