Meta® 8 with Smart Pail® Inside
CDF Corporation*, a leader in flexible packaging, and WestRock, a leading integrated packaging company, have combined technologies to create an innovative solution to drive value throughout your supply chain.
The Meta® Pail is a semi-rigid, vacuum-formed, plastic pail with a hermetically sealed, peel and reseal, laminated film lid housed within an 8-sided corrugated container. Meta Pail was developed for transporting semi-viscous, solid, and some liquids that are currently shipped in plastic pails.
The combination of the Smart Pail® and the Meta® 8 is a highly effective packaging solution that delivers superior performance by:
- Optimizing your supply chain via space savings, transporting efficiencies and handling
- Reducing transportation costs
- Lowering operational costs
- Improving your sustainability score card (recyclable components – LLDPE or HDPE pail and corrugated container) plus less packaging and increased space savings
Features and Benefits
- Diced fruit
- Dressings and sauces
- Pet food
- Designed to fit 48 filled units on a 40" x 48" pallet
- Collapsible pail for improved space savings at both the processor and end-user
- Meta case allows for double pallet stacking, maximizing your handling efficiencies while improving your sustainability scorecard
Equipment and Support
- Semi-Automatic (Meta 8 or KD 8)
- Fully-Automatic (Meta 8 or KD 8)
- Systems available for several levels of output
The equipment is capable of running:
- Mandrel-formed, 8-sided corrugate pail and integrated thermoformed pail
- Meta KD 8 case with integrated thermoformed pail
- Hand erected Meta KD 8 with thermoformed pails
- Project design, engineering, and support from beginning to end
- Turn-key installation and line integration
- Significantly reduces the life-cycle environmental impact vs. plastic pails
| Pail ||Lidding||Container|
*CDF is a family owned global business that utilizes a broad and deep knowledge base to create high quality packaging systems tailored to meet their customers’ needs. They excel in three key packaging areas: deep-draw vacuum-forming, blow molding, and heat sealing. For more information, visit cdf1.com.
Meta® Mandrel-Formed Cases
Our Meta® Systems precision forming technology forms cases around a fixed mandrel minimizing case-skew and maximizing structural integrity resulting in cases that outperform comparable standard cases (RSC’s) in production efficiency (higher speeds) and stacking strength. The unique case forming process offers the ultimate in equipment flexibility and enables improved box performance in your production line and distribution system.