Ensulate® trays and boxes replace containers that have wax impregnation or wax curtain coat and offer improved environmental and economic benefits over traditional wax coated boxes. Multiple Ensulate® board structures are available for products that are packed or distributed in wet or cold-humid environments and trays and boxes made from our Ensulate® coating are fully recyclable. In many cases, recyclers will pay retailers to pick up Ensulate® materials along with other OCC rather than retailers paying disposal companies to landfill waxed containers.
Ensulate is ideal for:
- Produce, including beans, berries, cabbage, cucumbers, lettuce, melons, spinach, and tropical fruit
- Poultry and meat
- Fresh and frozen packaging solutions
- Bakery, including bake-in solutions and cake pads
- Nuts (pecans, almonds, etc) and cheese
- Paper protection, bag-in-a-box, and floral
- Manufacturing, packaging, slip sheets, tier sheets
- Appliances, plastic components, glass, mirrors, wood, metal, furniture, and electronic components
- Packaging that must retain a level of brightness post-waxing
- Protecting ferrous or non-ferrous products
- Display, general packaging, flood coating, glossy and matte finishes available
Ensulate liners and medium:
- Are available in several protective treatments and in multiple board weights
- Allows for high end graphic branding and printing and seals tight with either hot melt or cold set adhesives
- Containers can be supplied from any WestRock manufacturing plant.
- Meet FDA and USDA requirements for food packaging and is certified recyclable by the Fibre Box Association (FBA).
Ensulate Coatings Capabilities
WestRock Corrugated Solutions delivers a broad range of coated paperboard, a repulpable solution that offers alternatives to traditional brown boxes. Our coated paperboard features a wide range of performance and color coatings that are both functional and environmentally friendly. Our coating technology process applies coatings to a variety of substrates, including linerboard, kraft, and chipboard - all designed to protect, promote, and display your products.
WestRock Ensulate Coatings provide the following:
- 3 to 5 day turnaround time from order placement to shipment *
- Custom color matching to a sample, GCMI or PMS color
- Lab analysis available to assist with coating identification and performance confirmation
- Maximum width = 98”
- Minimum width = 29”
- Core size = 4” (other sizes available upon request)
- Maximum diameter = 60”