Tobacco Packaging | High-quality Paperboard Solutions and Support
Engineered for consistency. Designed to impress.
Consistency. Runnability. Cleanliness. Three attributes that make WestRock tobacco paperboards the industry standard for premium tobacco packaging. Promina® offers optimal converting equipment and cigarette packing line performance. So you can expect greater productivity and lower total costs.
Delivering dimensional and curl stability and taste and odor control, Promina meets the specific needs of tobacco packaging. We have a longstanding commitment to the industry. We remain true to that commitment with continued innovation and technical and development resources.
Features & Benefits
What you can expect from us:
A state-of-the-art fully integrated manufacturing facility combines both pulp processing and paper production on one site, ensuring high uniformity and consistency of all physical characteristics for optimal converting and packer line performance .
Converts beautifully with uniform cuts, consistent creases and excellent emboss heights. In combination with high sheet flatness, this results in better running blanks that enhance packer line productivity.
A classic white appearance is achieved without using optical brightening agents (OBA). This gives cigarette packs a premium look and excellent fade resistance.
Promina’s unique fiber mix, finishing methods and single-ply construction contribute to cigarette packs with excellent formation, stiffness and durability.
Colorfast dyes provide excellent fade resistance for color integrity and lasting brand protection.
- Square Hinge Lid Box
- Rounded-Corner/Beveled Hinge Lid Box
- Display Cartons
Additional Product Information
- All WestRock North American paperboard mills are certified to the SFI®, PEFC™, FSC™ Chain of Custody Standards. Contact your WestRock sales representative for certified fiber availability for this product.
- Certificate Codes: SFI Certified Sourcing: NSF-SFI-CS-6S751, SFI CoC: NSF-SFICOC-6S751, PEFC: NSF-PEFCCOC-6S751, FSC Company Code: FSC-C104002.
Environmental & Product Safety
- Notices under US California Proposition 65 and the EU REACH regulation are not required.
- Elemental chlorine free (ECF) bleached fiber.
- Meets heavy metal limits of the US Model Toxics in Packaging rules and Article 11 of EU Directive 94/62/EC.
This information is subject to change without notice.
- Meets multiple national requirements for food contact packaging, e.g., US, Canada, Germany and the EU. Contact your sales representative for information on specific markets and end uses.
- ISEGA Certificate for tobacco packaging available.
- Produced at an ISO 9001 certified facility.