Food | Custom Paperboard and Corrugated Packaging Solutions
Make excess packaging a distant memory.
How do you reduce packaging costs and increase consumer convenience? The solution: PolarShield™ Ovenable. The equation is simple: replace a multi-part package with a single folded carton. With PolarShield Ovenable, hungry consumers can go from freezer to oven to table. Better yet, it performs equally well in conventional and microwave ovens. Ultimately, PolarShield Ovenable is a perfect marriage of form and function. It provides exceptional aesthetics and superior function. No wonder it is the benchmark for oven-ready packaging.
Click here to download regional PolarShield Ovenable product guides.
Features & Benefits
What you can expect from us:
An extruded barrier polymer, available in a clear option, enables performance from -40°F (-40°C) to 428°F (220°C).
Engineered to withstand the demands of frozen food environments. Maintains integrity throughout the cyclical conditions of the cold distribution chain.
A smooth surface delivers outstanding ink holdout and best-in-class printing consistency. Polymer coat-weight uniformity offers improved efficiencies and maximum throughput on high-speed forming and filling equipment.
Delivers savings and source reduction over alternatives that require outer cartons or wraps. The result is a cost-efficient packaging solution with an improved sustainability profile.
Outstanding heat-sealing performance across a range of technologies, including hot air, platen and microwave. This means you can expect improved efficiency and ultimate flexibility.
Best used with:
- Frozen Foods
- Retail Foods
Additional Product Information
- All WestRock North American paperboard mills are certified to the SFI®, PEFC™, FSC™ Chain of Custody Standards. Contact your WestRock sales representative for certified fiber availability for this product.
- Certificate Codes: SFI Certified Sourcing: NSF-SFI-CS-6S751, SFI CoC: NSF-SFICOC-6S751, PEFC: NSF-PEFCCOC-6S751, FSC Company Code: FSC-C104002.
Environmental & Product Safety
- Notices under US California Proposition 65 and the EU REACH regulation are not required.
- Elemental chlorine free (ECF) bleached fiber.
- Meets heavy metal limits of the US Model Toxics in Packaging rules and Article 11 of EU Directive 94/62/EC.
This information is subject to change without notice.
- Meets multiple national requirements for food contact packaging, e.g., US, Canada and the EU. Contact your sales representative for information on specific markets and end uses.
- Kosher documentation available.
- Produced at an ISO 9001 certified facility.