Custom Food Packaging
Setting a new standard for premium appearance.
Exceptional moisture resistance in a single-sheet paperboard. That’s what you can expect from PolarShield™ HMR (high moisture resistance). It’s designed to endure the rigor of multiple freeze-thaw cycles throughout the cold chain. It provides a reliable solution for applications such as seafood packaging that operate in an extremely wet environment. A bright white, glossy-coated side combined with a smooth, uncoated back ensure consistency on the printing press, in filling lines and in high-speed converting operations.
Click here to download regional PolarShield HMR product guides.
Features & Benefits
What you can expect from us:
Delivers outstanding moisture resistance and wet durability, ideal for frozen and refrigerated seafood packaging and other tough applications.
Maintains structural integrity and appearance excellence for products subjected to freeze-thaw cycles and humidity fluctuations.
A smooth surface delivers outstanding ink holdout and best-in-class uniformity. This helps optimize runnability on converting and filling equipment.
Fade resistance classic white styling is achieved without using optical brightening agents (OBA). This results in high whiteness without fading.
Best used with:
- Frozen Food Applications with Cold Chain Challenges
- Frozen and Refrigerated Seafood
- Frozen Variety Meats
Additional Product Information
- All WestRock North American paperboard mills are certified to the SFI®, PEFC™, FSC™ Chain of Custody Standards. Contact your WestRock sales representative for certified fiber availability for this product.
- Certificate Codes: SFI Certified Sourcing: NSF-SFI-CS-6S751, SFI CoC: NSF-SFICOC-6S751, PEFC: NSF-PEFCCOC-6S751, FSC Company Code: FSC-C104002.
Environmental & Product Safety
- Notices under US California Proposition 65 and the EU REACH regulation are not required.
- Elemental chlorine free (ECF) bleached fiber.
- Meets heavy metal limits of the US Model Toxics in Packaging rules and Article 11 of EU Directive 94/62/EC.
This information is subject to change without notice.
- Meets multiple national requirements for food contact packaging, e.g., US, Canada, Germany and the EU. Contact your sales representative for information on specific markets and end uses.
- ISEGA Certificate available.
- Kosher documentation available.
- Produced at an ISO 9001 certified facility.