PharmaLock™ Easy Seal
High-impact graphics and greater efficiency.
PharmaLock™ Easy Seal delivers the graphic qualities you want at a temperature that minimizes risk. This patented, extrusion-coated, heat-sealable paperboard is made specifically for fold-over blister card applications. It features a smooth, uniform printing surface for high-impact graphics. Our proprietary backside coating enables sealing at lower temperatures and higher speeds than conventional coatings.
Not only is PharmaLock Easy Seal capable, it’s also versatile. It is ideal across a broad array of heat-seal applications, especially in the pharmaceutical market for use in child-resistant, senior-friendly blister card applications.
Click here to download regional PharmaLock Easy Seal product guides.
Features & Benefits
What you can expect from us:
Seals at a lower temperature than competitive alternatives, resulting in minimized risk of product damage and reduced ink degradation.
Dwell time is up to 20% less than other heat-seal coatings. So you can expect improved yields, throughput and decreased costs.
Its rigidity makes it perfect for fold-over, tamper-evident blister packaging. A polymer coating on the felt side offers a completely sealed surface. You can also expect excellent folding and scoring properties.
A smooth surface provides outstanding ink holdout and best-in-class consistency for optimal printability. Polymer coat-weight uniformity offers improved efficiencies and maximum throughput on high-speed forming and filling equipment.
Direct printing on the board eliminates the need to apply a heat-seal coating. This improves converting efficiency and reduces inventory costs.
Best used with carded packaging in:
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Home and Garden
- Media and Electronics
Additional Product Information
- All WestRock North American paperboard mills are certified to the SFI®, PEFC™, FSC™ Chain of Custody Standards. Contact your WestRock sales representative for certified fiber availability for this product.
- Certificate Codes: SFI Certified Sourcing: NSF-SFI-CS-6S751, SFI CoC: NSF-SFICOC-6S751, PEFC: NSF-PEFCCOC-6S751, FSC Company Code: FSC-C104002.
Environmental & Product Safety
- Notices under US California Proposition 65 and the EU REACH regulation are not required.
- Elemental chlorine free (ECF) bleached fiber.
- Meets heavy metal limits of the US Model Toxics in Packaging rules and Article 11 of EU Directive 94/62/EC.
This information is subject to change without notice.
- Meets multiple national requirements for food contact packaging, e.g., US and Canada. Contact your sales representative for information on specific markets and end uses.
- Produced at an ISO 9001 certified facility.