High yield. Low weight. Maximum impact.
Klafold is a high-quality, coated unbleached kraft paperboard that uses less fiber for a given caliper, yet still delivers exceptional weight advantage. When you also consider its exceptionally smooth surface, Klafold becomes an obvious choice for brands with dual objectives, both sustainability and shelf impact
And because KlaFold meets USFDA and ISEGA compliance standards, it is suitable for a wide range of food applications.
Features & Benefits
What you can expect from us:
With a unique three-ply structure, KlaFold utilizes less fiber for a given caliper thus generating more cartons per ton. Yield advantage and source reduction make it a sustainable and cost-effective packaging option.
Clay coating provides a consistent, smooth surface with outstanding ink holdout resulting in excellent printability for graphic consistency.
Strength and Durability
The unbleached, long fiber base layer supplies excellent strength, making it versatile enough to take on virtually any design feature or application.
KlaFold can help you meet your sustainability goals. Renewable and recyclable natural fibers and Klabin’s FSC chain of custody certification make KlaFold a great choice for companies focused on sustainability.
Best used with:
- Beauty and Personal Care
- Food Packaging
- Home and Garden
Additional Product Information
- All WestRock North American paperboard mills are certified to the SFI®, PEFC™, FSC™ Chain of Custody Standards. Contact your WestRock sales representative for certified fiber availability for this product.Certificates Codes: SFI Certified Sourcing: NSF-SFILUFS-6S751, SFI CoC: NSF-SFICOC-6S751, PEFC: NSF-PEFCCOC-6S751FSC Company Code: FSC-C104002.
Environmental & Product Safety
- NBR ISO 14001:2004.
- OHSAS 18001:1999.
- Model Toxics in Packaging legislation and Directive 94/62/EC Article.
- 11 compliant.
*Contact WestRock for details
This information is subject to change without notice.
- US FDA 21 CFR Part 176 compliant (restrictions may apply).
- Canada’s Food and Drug Regulation Part B, Division 23 compliant.
- ISEGA Certificate of Conformity.
- Germany’s BfR and EC Regulation 1935/2004 compliant (restrictionsmay apply).
- ISO 22000:2006 Food Safety Management.
- Produced at an ISO 9001 certified facility
- • NBR ISO 9001:2000