Beverage | Custom Can, Bottle, Cup, and Liquid Packaging
Durable, environmentally friendly, paperboard-based multipack solution for cans.
The wet-strength CarrierKote™ material is laminated to reinforce the pack against the moisture and rough handling in beer supply chains and use occasions. The clay surface can be printed or embellished to reinforce brand elements and elevate the consumer experience. Consumers love the stylish design and find it comfortable, easy to use, eco-friendly, and “surprisingly strong”, while brewers love the storage efficiencies and its quick & easy application.Download product guide PDF
Features and Benefits
CanCollar uses the minimum amount of material required to perform the necessary function of holding the cans together through the supply chain and consumer use.
- CanCollar meets brewer and consumers’ requirements while using 95% less plastic than the leading competitive alternative
- Instead of plastic, CanCollar is 86% paperboard, a renewable, fiber-based material
- WestRock has rigorous and robust responsible sourcing practices for our fiber. We offer SFI, PEFC or FSC certifications and work with our suppliers on best practices for sustainable forest management
- The paperboard material contains up to 15% recycled content
CanCollar is recyclable where facilities exist to recover poly-coated paperboard products. Similar products include paper coffee cups, paper plates, ice cream tubs, and liquid cartons.
- Disposal claims such as “recyclable” are highly dependent on local guidance and availability of local infrastructure to collect and process the product. Please review the relevant local guidance for your market before determining the appropriate claim
- CanCollar is not bio-degradable or compostable
- Recognizing the public concern over the wildlife impact of plastic rings if they inadvertently fall out of the appropriate recovery stream and into an actual stream or other ecosystem, CanCollar requires 30% less force to break the rings than leading alternatives