Ensulate® trays and boxes replace containers that have wax impregnation or wax curtain coat and offer improved environmental and economic benefits over traditional wax coated boxes. Multiple Ensulate board structures are available for products that are packed or distributed in wet or cold-humid environments and trays and boxes made from our Ensulate coating are fully recyclable. In many cases, recyclers will pay retailers to pick up Ensulate materials along with other OCC rather than retailers paying disposal companies to landfill waxed containers.
Ensulate is ideal for:
- Produce, including beans, berries, cabbage, cucumbers, lettuce, melons, spinach, and tropical fruit
- Poultry and meat
- Fresh and frozen packaging solutions
- Bakery, including bake-in solutions and cake pads
- Nuts (pecans, almonds, etc) and cheese
- Paper protection, bag-in-a-box, and floral
- Manufacturing, packaging, slip sheets, tier sheets
- Appliances, plastic components, glass, mirrors, wood, metal, furniture, and electronic components
- Packaging that must retain a level of brightness post-waxing
- Protecting ferrous or non-ferrous products
- Display, general packaging, flood coating, glossy and matte finishes available
Ensulate liners and medium:
- Are available in several protective treatments and in multiple board weights
- Allows for high end graphic branding and printing and seals tight with either hot melt or cold set adhesives
- Containers can be supplied from any WestRock manufacturing plant.
- Meet FDA and USDA requirements for food packaging and is certified recyclable by the Fibre Box Association (FBA).
Ensulate Coatings Capabilities
WestRock Corrugated Solutions delivers a broad range of coated paperboard, a re-pulpable solution that offers alternatives to traditional brown boxes. Our coated paperboard features a wide range of performance and color coatings that are both functional and environmentally friendly. Our coating technology process applies coatings to a variety of substrates, including linerboard, kraft, and chipboard - all designed to protect, promote, and display your products.
WestRock Ensulate Coatings provide the following:
- 3 to 5 day turnaround time from order placement to shipment *
- Custom color matching to a sample, GCMI or PMS color
- Lab analysis available to assist with coating identification and performance confirmation
- Maximum width = 98”
- Minimum width = 29”
- Core size = 4” (other sizes available upon request)
- Maximum diameter = 60”